Monday 1 February 2016

JANUARY FAVOURITES



With a new year comes a fresh batch of monthly favourites posts. These have become one of my favourite kinds of posts because it gives me a chance to reflect on the month and really think about the little things that have been making me happy.

This month's favourites is a bit of an odd collection. I haven't really been wearing makeup or doing a lot of things apart from resting after the hectic festive period and going about my usual daily life. But there have been a few things that I've been enjoying and I thought I'd share them with you today.

01. Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm.
In December my lovely friend Emma gave me this travel sized pot of the Emma Hardie cleansing balm to try, along with a whole bunch of things I haven't got around to yet. I was insanely grateful when she gave me this wondrous box of goodies, whispering 'are you sure? I couldn't possibly...' whilst clutching the box for dear life in my greedy little hands. Anyway, a few weeks later and I'm so completely smitten with this painfully expensive cleansing balm that I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry when it runs out.

It works really well as either a first cleanse to remove makeup or as a follow-up to cleanse and moisturise the skin. It leaves me skin feeling silky smooth and it's not stripping or irritating at all. I'm in love!

02. Buying random crap on eBay.
I got really bored one day and started browsing eBay for random little things to use as photo props and the next thing you know I've got 17 rolls of washi tape, endless little silk flowers and 3 lots of fairy lights on their way to me. All for less than a fiver. I really need to stop but who can resist 5 rolls of washi tape for 37p?! Not me.

03. My new phone case.
This was another eBay purchase and cost a whopping, *drum roll*, £1.47. That's right folks, a beautiful phone case for just over a quid with free delivery. I don't mind if I do. It's actually really good quality too.

04. H&M spotty jumper.
I have basically been wearing this jumper non-stop since I bought it in December. It's loose-fitting but flattering, ridiculously comfy and warm and goes with EVERYTHING. I'm not sure it's still in stores but I'm pretty sure it was crazy cheap so grab one if you see it.

05. Mac 'Syrup'.
After going crazy over bold lipsticks last year I'm ready to embrace the nudes once again (*wink wink, nudge nudge* hahaaa. I'm not even sure what joke I'm making, but I'm laughing.) 'Syrup' is kind of a plummy nude and it's just the perfect everyday colour. I love the Mac lustre lipsticks because you don't have to worry about them fading awkwardly, or reapplying without a mirror. Back to basics feels great sometimes.

06. Bullet journalling.
This is my new found obsession. I'd been aware of the term 'bullet journalling' for a while but hadn't really looked into it until I saw Lily Pebbles instagram last week, which made me want to find out everything about it. It's basically my perfect journalling/planner system. I won't try to explain it because it's kind of difficult but this video explains it all perfectly. I love it so much I'm thinking about doing a whole post on the concept sometime soon, and showing you all my bullet journal so far. Let me know in the comments if this is something you'd be interested in seeing!

What have you been loving this month?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Sarah's Chapter. Design by FCD.